You’ve probably had times when you were scrolling through your Facebook or Twitter feed and run across one of those articles titled “10 Things Your Ex-Wife Should … ” or “15 Mistakes You’re Making with Your….”
This is what happened to me one day when I saw several friends share an article from LifeBuzz titled “30 Things to Stop Doing To Yourself.” Normally I would have ignored this, but several friends who I respected shared this article, so I clicked to see what it contained.
These Would Make Great Podcast Topics
In case you don’t know, I host a podcast called The Mental Mastery Moment and I cover areas of life like mindset, goal-setting, self-discipline, productivity, the power of thought and just about anything which helps us live our best life possible.
Every one of these items in this article fit perfectly into the theme of my show, so I decided to jump in with both feet and make an entire episode (about 10-20 minutes) out of each one. The original author of the article are Marc and Angel Chernoff who deserve tons of create for putting this together.
Here’s the List
If you’re interested in being the best you can be and you are willing to confront these items head on, I encourage you to go through this list and clicking on the ones which affect your life. Of course, I think it would be beneficial if you went through every one of them, but you may not have time for that.
If you’d like to read the article click the link.
If you want to listen to the episode you can play here or in iTunes.
The List: 30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself
- Spending time with the wrong people.
- Running from your problems.
- Lying to yourself.
- Putting your own needs on the back burner.
- Trying to be someone you’re not.
- Trying to hold onto the past.
- Being scared to make a mistake.
- Berating yourself for old mistakes
- Trying to buy happiness.
- Exclusively looking to others for happiness.
- Being idle.
- Thinking you’re not ready.
- Getting involved in relationships for the wrong reasons.
- Rejecting new relationships just because old ones didn’t work out.
- Trying to compete against everyone else.
- Being jealous of others.
- Complaining and feeling sorry for yourself.
- Holding grudges.
- Letting others bring you down to their level.
- Wasting time explaining yourself to others.
- Doing the same things over and over without taking a break.
- Overlooking the beauty of small moments.
- Trying to make things perfect.
- Following the path of least resistance.
- Acting like everything is fine if it isn’t.
- Blaming others for your troubles.
- Trying to be everything to everyone.
- Worrying so much.
- Focusing on what you don’t want to happen.
- Being ungrateful.
I realize some of these are going to overlap each other and even episodes I’ve already created in the past. But, I think it’s important we accept and look at the nuances of each statement. One way of looking at a situation may not resonate with everyone. I like that these give you an opportunity to find something which will be beneficial to you.
Again, please share this resource with anyone you feel may benefit. I’m excited to see where this goes and how many lives can be impacted by it all.