“If you want to learn about success, talk to a successful person. If you want to learn about failure, talk to a very successful person.”
– Tavis Smiley – American Broadcaster and Author
In this episode you’re going to learn… Why it’s important you willingly walk straight into the sights of failure, if you plan on ever finding success. For far too many, the risk of failure causes the fear that keeps us from success. Let’s fail!
In fact, I’m going to do this episode without ANY editing. If I make a mistake, you’ll hear it. The broadcaster in me thinks this is VERY wrong, but I’m willing to “fail.”
- Don’t confuse this with having negative expectations.
- Plan for failure, expect success.
- Realistically analyze what failure on this project would mean to you.
- Be honest as you look where you’ve failed in the past.
- Why a failure in this project may actually set you further ahead.
- After a failure, pause and learn from that failure.
- Failure is just another data point that needs to be collection without emotional impact.
- Don’t “strikeout looking.”
Do something this week without regard for the potential to fail.
Learn from the outcome.
Register for my free 30 minute webinar:
May Your Reach Always Extend Beyond Your Grasp,