Ep. #65 – Creating S.M.A.R.T.E.R. Goals
“What you GET by achieving your goals is not as important as what you BECOME by achieving your goals.”
– Henry David Thoreau – American Author, Poet and Philosopher
In this episode you’re going to learn one of the best and most comprehensive techniques for setting goals that will challenge you while also increasing the likelihood you’ll achieve them… tougher and more attainable goals? Yes… Listen…
- I know you probably already know about S.M.A.R.T. goals. Why you still need to listen.
- My example goal: I want to learn to play guitar
- How to go from a general goal to a very specific goal
- Making your goal measurable even when it only has one step.
- Make sure your goals cause you to stretch without becoming unattainable.
- Why an unrewarding goal will do more to cause failure than anything else.
- The difference between a time-based and a time-bound goal.
- Taking your goal from S.M.A.R.T. to S.M.A.R.T.E.R.
- Have an expert evaluate (and re-evaluate) your goals
- How to keep your goals from “fading away.”
Write a S.M.A.R.T. or even S.M.A.R.T.E.R. goal sometime this week. Even if it’s just something fun; make a point of taking your goal from vague to S.M.A.R.T.E.R.
Get signed up for my upcoming free 30 minute webinar: